[Wylug-discuss] Part-timer/Student required. (FREE BROADBAND to students...)

Rob Speed rob at vitessesystems.com
Tue Mar 27 18:16:29 BST 2007

Afternoon all,

Appologies for not getting to events for such a long time.
I've been snowed under for the last few months.

Now I've got time to resurface and take a breath...

We're looking for a perl/php coder on a part-time (evenings and weekend
are fine, so you can still do a day job) / ad-hoc basis.

Specifically, the ability to work unsupervised (at home), be given a spec
and an overview, and return with competant, documented code or system.

This role would suit a Computer Science undergraduate with a penchant for
all things Penguin based.
Experience of Linux and Perl is paramount.
Database (DB, MySQL, Progress) interfacing and admin experience would be
desirable.
It would also be nice if you could string two or three words of English
together - although this need not be your primary language.

For your rewards, you will treated to "the occasional slap up meal at Mrs
Miggins Pie Shoppe" and cold, hard, dirty cash (that we fully expect you
to declare to the inland revenue...)

Application to : linux-cv at vitessesystems.com

So, to summarise :
You'd get a spec from us.
You'd work from home, writing nice, tidy, working code!

If you need broadband, we'd pay for it.
We'd pay you.
We might even shout you a pint or two once in a blue moon!

Have fun!
Rob S.