[Wylug-discuss] Job: Linux/Unix Systems Administrator, Leeds

Smylers smylers at donhost.co.uk
Wed May 2 11:15:56 BST 2007

The Linux/Unix sys-admin team in Pipex's Leeds office is looking for
somebody to join them.

The job involves troubleshooting systems; monitoring and detecting
issues before they become serious; keeping abreast of hardware and OS
developments; and helping with the design and architecture of new
products and systems.

Technology the team deal with includes:

  Ubuntu Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Apache,
  MySQL, NFS, Qmail, Exim, Bind, TinyDNS, DJBDNS, ProFTPd, firewalls,
  scripting (Bash/shell, Perl), Amanda (backups), Nagios, Subversion

Experience with any of those would help, but obviously it isn't expected
that we'll find somebody who's an expert in all of them!  Among the
systems supported by the Leeds Unix team are products from Donhost and
WebFusion:

  http://www.donhost.co.uk/  http://www.webfusion.co.uk/

I work as a developer for Pipex on the above products, and was based in
the Leeds office until earlier this year[*0], so I am familiar with the
job and happy to answer any informal questions about it from Wyluggers.

The office is on Gelderd Road, near the ring road (LS12 6DS), and has
parking.  There are 4 buses an hour from the city centre (bus and
railway stations); walking from the railway station takes 25 minutes.

Pay up to £30k.  To apply, or for more details, please contact:

  John Rogerson <john.rogerson at pipex.net>

Thanks.

Smylers

  [*0]  I'm now based in a Pipex office near Heathrow (which is my
  excuse for not having made it to a Wylug meeting for some time!)

--
This mail is subject to this disclaimer: http://www.pipex.net/disclaimer.html