[Wylug-discuss] GNU/Linux users - sign petition to say you use BBC web site!

Andrew J Cole ajcole at ajcole.org
Fri Nov 2 14:52:40 GMT 2007

>> And in fact, most of us have access to window-boxes - er, sorry, I mean
>> Windows boxes - so we aren't totally excluded anyway.
>
>Remember at the moment it's restricted to Windows XP only.

Reuters reported yesterday ...

	Microsoft sees Windows Vista growth phase underway
	31 OCT 2007 23:42 GMT
	SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp's  Windows Vista is starting
	to see mass adoption from businesses nearly a year after it
	was released, the company said while predicting a strong first
	holiday season for the product.
	http://links.reuters.co.uk/r/6IP8X/FRM67/WFULU/3VFAS/N0X61/YT/t

still it wasn't all bad news yesterday since they also reported ...

	VMware virtualization software eyes Chinese reality
	01 NOV 2007 14:11 GMT
	BEIJING (Reuters) - VMware Inc , a global leader in virtualization
	software, said on Thursday it hopes to expand rapidly in China,
	a market where it has only recently established a toehold.
	http://links.reuters.co.uk/r/6IP8X/FRM67/WFULU/3VFAS/CP0NR/YT/t

at least there will be a lot of rip-off XP boxes runing Linux there then.

Andrew