[Wylug-discuss] A Business Bank that works because Allianceand Leicester doesn't.

Mike Goodman mike.goodman at zen.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 17:23:32 BST 2007

<apologies first - I hit the reply button, so I think only John got the
reply the first time I sent this, so especial apologies to John for the
second intrusion! :-|>

John Hodrien wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Nick Moulsdale wrote:
>
>> I like RBS, but they do own Natwest. Natwest and RBS do answer the
>> phone in
>> UK, which is major issue for me. RBS works in Firefox, and Natwest
>> works in
>> Firefox I think, at least it does for my CC.
>>
>> Depends on what you want. Co-Op don't really lend money, same as most
>> Building Societies (except mortgages)
>
> Really?  Their website seems to suggest fairly complete personal and
> business
> banking.
>
> jh

Co-Op got off to a very poor start when they first started to get
business from our membership (FSB). They had IE only browsing for a
start and they couldn't handle the number of enquiries they got.

Over the past couple of years, all the reports say they have improved
beyond recognition. They offer an automatic overdraft on business
accounts but I really can't say what their lending record is like in any
other respect, as I dismissed them as an option for business banking at
the same time as the ex-BSocs, for the same reason. They certainly
advertise reasonable lending criteria to members. I can only go on
member feedback, which has been praise indeed for the most part.

They also offer permanent free banking for FSB members, rather than the
18 month standard introductory.

I do have a business account with NatWest for one of my interests. So
far the online facility has been very good. Access is
browser-independent in so far as they have been able to identify and
test against browsers.

MG