[Wylug-discuss] 777 access on an images directory

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Tue Oct 16 09:17:15 BST 2007

On 16 Oct 07, Phil Driscoll (phil at dialsolutions.co.uk) wrote:
> On Monday 15 Oct 2007, Mike Goodman wrote:
> > > Thus, once your site is built and your images have been created/loaded,
> > > you should drop the security down from read/write to read. ie: change
> > > from CHMOD 777 down to 644.
> >
> > When I checked, I had done that. So I can sleep soundly again ;-)
> ...except that in most situations, you are likely to have to need to leave the
> site in an unprotected state so that your clients can add new products
> whenever they need to :(

IIRC they'll have needed to log in to Zen as an administrator to access
the upload functions. You can probably also use an apache .htaccess file
(or similar) to add a further level of password, hostname & IP access
control.

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve at patter.mine.nu :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li
"Don't be silly, Minnie. Who'd be walking round these cliffs with a gas oven?"