[Wylug-discuss] List Etiquette: Top Posting vs. Bottom Posting

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 11:01:41 GMT 2007

*tentative non-committal input on potentially flameworthy subject*

diversity is good.

be conservative in what you send, be liberal in what you receive.

John.

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 01:31 +0100, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I don't want to give even the feintest hint of personal criticism or
> 'laying down the law' on this matter, but the recent rash of
> top-posting
> does prompt me to ask members the following questions:
>
>   1. Should we continue to maintain our long-term policy of asking
>      people to bottom post?
>
>   2. If you believe that the policy should be maintained, what do you
>      think we should do about top-posting?

Is it wrong to top *and* bottom post?  Maybe to please everybody we
could copy and paste our responses top and bottom.  Or conduct different
conversations with different groups of people within the same message.
Hi Paul!

--
John Leach <john at johnleach.co.uk>