References Re: [Wylug-discuss] List Etiquette: Top Posting vs. Bottom Posting

Roger Beaumont roger.bea at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 12:46:53 GMT 2007

Dave Fisher wrote:
<snip>
>   The Internet Standard for 'Netiquette': http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855

includes:
     - If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
       summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just
       enough text of the original to give a context.  This will make
       sure readers understand when they start to read your response.
       Since NetNews, especially, is proliferated by distributing the
       postings from one host to another, it is possible to see a
       response to a message before seeing the original.  Giving context
       helps everyone.  But do not include the entire original!
and
     - If you ask a question, be sure to post a summary.  When doing so,
       truly summarize rather than send a cumulation of the messages you
       receive.
which deals specifically to asking questions, but wouldn't it also apply to