[Wylug-discuss] List Etiquette: Top Posting vs. Bottom Posting

Paul Brook paul at codesourcery.com
Sun Oct 28 13:52:01 GMT 2007

> With regard to snipping, for me email is a method for *busy* people to
> rapidly communicate. If someone posts with a problem and I have an answer I
> will fire off the reply often in seconds. If the lists turns into one where
> I'm continually having to watch my P's and Q's for fear of top/bottom
> posting reprimand I won't reply.

I disagree very strongly with this.  You're effectively saying that your time
writing the email is more important than all the hundred or so other people
that are subscribed to the list.  This may be ok for private communication,
but it simply not acceptable for a list with more than a few subscribers.

If requiring bottom posting forces you (or anyone else) to proofread your
email again before hitting send then IMHO it can only be a good thing.

Paul