[Wylug-discuss] List Etiquette: Top Posting vs. Bottom Posting

Roger Greenwood rg at nthong.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 23:29:50 GMT 2007

On Sunday 28 October 2007 17:14, Mark P. Conmy wrote:

> Not a good argument.  "Most of the world" is a plea to disband WYLUG
> since most of the world uses Windows.  Problem solved.

I didn't say I liked It, but it would save further argument.

> Neither IMAP nor POP downloads line-by-line.  POP will download the
> whole message whether you read it or not, IMAP might be able to save
> time by splitting headers and body, but it will still download the whole
> body if you start to read a message.

My phone is set to download the first 5k of each message (POP3). This is more
for speed rather than size, actually. Default setting out of the box is 2k.

Kmail can also be set to size limits (I don't need to, but some might). Don't
know about other mail systems.

Roger Greenwood

--
Children are natural mimic who act like their parents despite every
effort to teach them good manners.