[Wylug-discuss] Re: what is the difference?

Tom Hall thattommyhall at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 18:32:12 BST 2007

Key difference for me is the GUI toolkit used, QT in KDE and GTK in
Gnome and XFCE.
You can run all applications in any of them, but it is heavier on
memory (as it needs to load both the librarys) and the look and feel
is inconsistent.
Just pick whatever you prefer (the fact that Ubuntu changes the layout
and theme of all 3 desktops has advantages, but I dont like it.
Enlightenment may be worth considering too, looks cool and they use it
on the PS3)

See you next week I hope,
Tom