[Wylug-discuss] Social meet-up

Louisa Parry louisa at louisaparry.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 19:32:40 BST 2007

Hi all,

Thanks for the (on and off list) responses to my social/BOF meet-up
suggestion.

How about having the first one next Monday 24th September? I'm still
open to the shifting days/venue ideas but because of the short notice of
this one, let's stick to a place most WYLUGgers know, the Victoria pub
in Leeds.  (For those that don't know, it's just behind the town hall -
http://qurl.com/rn997 (google maps)).

For this meet, let's say an 8pm kick-off - with the HudLug/London
Javascript group idea that it will "continue for as long as at least two
participants are able to maintain an intelligent conversation". :)

Again because of the short notice, let's just be really informal with
this one - no particular topic or anything.  However, I do know that
John Leach is interested in chatting about Xen stuff if anyone's had a
chance to play with it following Owen's great talk last week and Tom
Hall is very keen to enthusiastically talk about ... well, anything ;)

New members or those who don't often attend the talks are, of course,
more than welcome to attend :)

(If you don't ever/usually attend because Monday/Leeds is a bad
place/time/day issue for you, please let me know and we can keep that in
mind for future socials.)

Hope to see you there!

-Louisa :)