[Wylug-discuss] copyright laws and media storage.playback in schools

Tariq Fayaz tariqf at yourproblemsolved.com
Tue Sep 25 18:30:34 BST 2007

We've been asked to implement on of our linux streaming media servers
into a school however they are worried about copyright law. Just
wondered if anyone has experience of the legal side of this or can
advise?

As far as I know if you own a legal DVD or VHS you are permitted to
duplicate and store this but are you allowed to play it back on more
than one device at once? many questions like this are cropping up as I
simply do not know the answers!

Tariq