[Wylug-discuss] Is this good news?

Shaun Laughey shaun at laughey.com
Fri Jan 11 12:28:09 GMT 2008

I get the feeling the .docx thing is about making the older Microsoft stuff
obsolete as opposed to adding anything new.

The only Microsoft thing I use regularly at home, a Windows 'powered'
pda/phone, is the one thing that can't open .docx files - OpenOffice works
fine with the Novell converter - pity Bill's people couldn't produce one for
my 3 year old phone but then I might not want to buy a new phone.

In their favour with Office 95/97/2000 they kept the same file ending whilst
making the files incompatible.

Shaun Laughey.

p.s. I love my phone as it reminds me everyday as to why I prefer to use
Unix and Linux.