[Wylug-discuss] Companies using Linux on the desktop

Grayde Bowen graydebowen at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 13:51:10 GMT 2008

I am taking some Linux modules as part of an MSc at Leeds Met.  I have just completed RHA 030.  This has been linked to an academic paper focussing on a case study of Linux implementation.
I am looking for a suitable business example in the North, ideally to get some primary data for me to analyse.  I would rather not go into Linux server use (such as Apache on Linux as a web server) as the last 2 MSc units I completed were on this and I will probably be heading that way in the next RHA module.   I should like to track down a real business running several linked Linux boxes at the desktop.
I understand that they do a lot of this stuff in Brazil but I am after something closer to home.  My real job is in IT lecturing so am in the jack of all trades master of none computing category.