[Wylug-discuss] Re: [SC.LUG] Re: [Wylug-announce] Reminder: Richard Stallman in Manchester tomorrow

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Fri May 2 13:46:29 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 15:04 +0100, Christopher Brown wrote:
> 2008/4/30 Simon Ward <simon at bleah.co.uk>:
> > Just in case someone found a comfy rock to sleep under, a reminder
> >  Richard Stallman is talking in Manchester tomorrow evening…
>
> Remember to speak up if you ask a question!

The audience were very good - although one or two Lancs
accents did trip up Mr. S. ;)

> >  There'll probably be pub too.
>
> Come, let us drink with the bearded messiah!

He was moved off somewhere private by his FSF handlers
- not at all like the last Aberystwyth visit :-(
I went for a drink with the GeekUp crowd, but once
again they chose a pub with no Real Ale - what's
wrong with the younger generation of geeks? ;^/
Mutter, mumble...

 - Richard