[Wylug-discuss] Call for talks or ideas for talks

Tom Hall thattommyhall at gmail.com
Sun May 18 23:19:50 BST 2008

I will recycle my post from the tail end of last year as my interests
have not changed much

I would like to see something on: Samba, LDAP, Rails, Haskell,
Functional Programming, Hacking the Linux kernel, Thin clients, High
performance computing, Why I love <SomeProgrammingLanguage>,
Concurrency, Authentication, Cryptography, security, Apache, Cool
things to do with FUSE, KVM, getting by with the CLI, My EMACS setup,
Why should you use {free,open,net}BSD?, I use linux in
<SomeInterestingPlace>, Apache, I hack on <SomeProject> and its ace!,
Web 2.0 - its not just a useful set of technologies, its also a
buzzword, Why Javascript does not suck, Linux Media Centres,
filesystems in linux, I replaced <Something> with <SomethingFree> and
it also performed better.

If anyone has any talks they would like to request, something cool
they are recently excited about or an update to a talk they did a
while ago, please get in touch.

All the very best,
Tom