[Wylug-discuss] Visits or speakers for students

Grayde Bowen graydebowen at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Nov 2 19:28:53 UTC 2008

Hi gang;

I have just started running a Foundation Degree in Networking and Computing for Leeds Met as part of the Regional University Network at Calderdale College in Halifax.  We have 6 students, 2 of whom use Linux and a 3rd is showig interest.  The other half are on the fence.

We are currently doing some OS and utilites work, hardware and CCNA exploration.

I am looking for some real-life contacts to go out to visit or come in to speak to the students.  For visiting speakers I might fill up the session with BTEC National ICT students as talking to 6 or 60 is much the same (for me anyway).   Any information on open days, placements or people willing to have us around would be welcome.  I have come across several posts in this line recently but wanted to let the course get off the ground before bothering anyone.  The students are in on Fridays (all day) and Monday and Wednesday evenings.  I should be able to shuffle these days if any tempting offers come up.

Throwing myself at your mercy.

Grayde Bowen