[Wylug-discuss] What Distro to give away....

Phil Foxton phil at thefoxtons.org.uk
Fri Oct 10 07:05:14 UTC 2008

>From experience I would steer then towards on of the major distros, so
RedHat or Suse as the majority of contracts I have worked on over the
last 8 years have used one or both of those.

Fedora has Live CDs, and OpenSuse does too, IIRC.  If you wanted a
distro closer to the real world RHEL then Whitebox might be agood
choice.

And my advice to people considering a career in IT? Don't do it unless
you have a real passion for it, the starting salaries are poor and the
work menial, it can take 10 years, and a real talent, before you start
seeing decent money.

Just my view

Phil