[Wylug-discuss] Wine

glennschultz at talktalk.net glennschultz at talktalk.net
Thu Mar 5 16:33:21 UTC 2009

Hi everybody!
I've got Fedora on my machine and am trying to download Wine so that we can get i-tunes and make the i-pods work!? It's been an uphill stuggle so far and I've got nowhere.? When I try to download it I get this

[Glenn at localhost ~]$ su
Password:
[root at localhost Glenn]# yum install wine
freshrpms???????????????? 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB??? 00:00????
fedora??????????????????? 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB??? 00:00????
ftp://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/rpm.livna.org/repo/7/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change directory.
Trying other mirror.
http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/repo/7/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/repo/7/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/repo/7/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
http://rpm.livna.org/repo/7/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: livna. Please verify its path and try again
[root at localhost Glenn]#

Does anybody know what I need to do to sort the problem???? I can't stress too strongly that I'm not an IT professional so please make it simple!?

PS how do I configure Evolution so I don't have to keep cutting and pasting e-mail addresses into talktalk
?
Ta very much

Glenn