[Wylug-discuss] Wine

CStreet at tsys.com CStreet at tsys.com
Fri Mar 6 09:37:51 UTC 2009

Looks to me that you are using Fedora 7 and that went out of support, as
Fedora 10 is out and 11 is not much further behind.

The good news is that you can upgrade to the latest version, bad news I'm
afraid is you have to that every year or so and it doesn't always work....
That's the main reason that I don't suggest to people they try Fedora as a
first distro as it goes out of date quickly enough to be annoying.

Chris Street MBCS
Senior Server Engineer, European Datacentre.
+44 (0)1423 580173; +44 (0)7717 366641

glennschultz at talktalk.net
Sent by: wylug-discuss-bounces at wylug.org.uk
05/03/2009 16:33

wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk
cc

Subject
[Wylug-discuss] Wine

Hi everybody!
I've got Fedora on my machine and am trying to download Wine so that we
can get i-tunes and make the i-pods work!  It's been an uphill stuggle so
far and I've got nowhere.  When I try to download it I get this

[Glenn at localhost ~]$ su
Password:
[root at localhost Glenn]# yum install wine
freshrpms                 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00

fedora                    100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00

ftp://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/rpm.livna.org/repo/7/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change directory.
Trying other mirror.
http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/repo/7/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/repo/7/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/repo/7/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP
Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
http://rpm.livna.org/repo/7/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP
Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
livna. Please verify its path and try again
[root at localhost Glenn]#

Does anybody know what I need to do to sort the problem???  I can't stress
too strongly that I'm not an IT professional so please make it simple!

PS how do I configure Evolution so I don't have to keep cutting and
pasting e-mail addresses into talktalk

Ta very much

Glenn_______________________________________________
Wylug-discuss mailing list
Wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk

The information contained in this communication (including any
attachments hereto) is confidential and is intended solely for the
personal and confidential use of the individual or entity to whom
it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
communication in error and that any review, dissemination, copying,
or unauthorized use of this information, or the taking of any
please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original
message. Thank you