[Wylug-discuss] New geeks needed at Brightbox in Leeds

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Fri May 15 11:48:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

my company, Brightbox, are looking for some new geeks to join the
systems and support team, a Senior Linux Systems Administrator and a
Linux/Rails System Support person.  Seems generally ok to email the
discuss list with this - hope nobody takes offence.

Both roles are full-time and you can work from home, from our office in
Leeds, or a bit of both. If you plan to work from the office, you’ll
need to legally be able to work in the UK.

Send a hello, a CV and salary expectations to jobs at the Brightbox UK
domain. CVs should be in an open format, preferably PDF or plain text.
Closing date is 31st May 2009.

As always, recruitment agents should e-mail our special recruitment
company email address: root at localhost

Thanks,

John.

Senior Linux Systems Administrator

Job Description

      * Work with the Technical Director to design, build and run:

              * our virtual hosting platform

              * our MySQL systems

              * our customers’ Rails clusters

              * our backup systems

              * our networking infrastructure

              * new "cloud computing" services

      * Second line support, with some shared first line
        responsibilities

      * Out of hours on-call shifts

      * Working with customers

      * Assisting with technical sales

      * Work from home or our office in Leeds

Qualifications

      * 5+ years professional experience managing GNU/Linux based
        systems

      * 2+ years experience with web technologies

      * Familiarity with virtualized storage and systems

      * Experience with Ruby, Rails, Debian/Ubuntu, MySQL, PostgreSQL,
        Puppet desirable

      * Ability to work both independently and as part of a team

      * Keeps up with new technologies and developments

      * Good written and verbal communication skills

      * Living within 2 hours of the UTC time zone

Linux/Rails System Support

Job Description

      * Work under the Technical Director and Senior Systems
        Administrator to support and run:

      * our customers' Ruby on Rails hosting clusters

      * our virtual hosting platform

      * our MySQL systems

      * First line support

      * Out of hours on-call shifts

      * Working with customers

      * Work from home or our office in Leeds

Qualifications

      * 2+ years experience with GNU/Linux based systems

      * Experience with Ruby, Rails required

      * Familiarity with Puppet, Virtualization, MySQL, PostgreSQL, LVM
        desirable

      * Experience working with customers

--
Serious Rails Hosting: http://www.brightbox.co.uk