[Wylug-discuss] New geeks needed at Brightbox in Leeds

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Fri May 15 12:57:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 14:38 +0200, borph at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/5/15 Lee Evans <lee at leeevans.org>:
> >>Leeds, or a bit of both. If you plan to work from the office, you’ll
> >>need to legally be able to work in the UK.
> >
> > If you're home based, do you not need to be eligible to work in the UK ?!

Ah yes, well spotted. If your home office is in the UK you probably also
need to be eligible to work in the UK :)  So it should read: if you plan
to work in the UK you need to be eligible to work in the UK.

> Yes, I would read it this way, too. So home office could be
> everywhere, even I could work for BrightBox (I'm in Germany)! But not
> interested either :) Would be eligible to work in UK anyway of
> course..

Yep.  That's what we were going for.

> Maybe this qualification stresses this flexibility:
>
> >      * Living within 2 hours of the UTC time zone
>
> Well... where would I actually pay the tax then?

I think that is a question for an accountant, or perhaps a lawyer.
IANALOAATG (I am not a lawyer or an accountant thank goodness :)

John.
--
http://johnleach.co.uk