[Wylug-discuss] Got me an fusion-io SSD, want one? Should be screaming fast

Simon Brown simon at cliffestones.demon.co.uk
Sat May 16 12:23:24 UTC 2009

* Tom Hall (thattommyhall at gmail.com) wrote:
> That is a fairly naive assumption as the performance drop would only
> happen with the dumbest of controllers
Yes and no. If the controller does do house keeping on demand, you can
expect the performance to be poor. However even the best controller in
the land will struggle under heavy load. If you thrash the device
it'll never have time to do its house work, so will then be forced to
do it as a blocking task.

Curious to see what your results are,

Simon
--