[Wylug-discuss] Greeting to the geeks in Leeds

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Wed Sep 16 10:47:11 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 18:23 +0800, Tommy He wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am going to move in Leeds next week from China as a MSc PG student
> in University of Leeds. I am quite willing to involve the activities
> to discuss and promote Linux and open source.

Welcome to Leeds!

> I just checked the blog and found out that I missed the meeting this
> month. It seems that there is a kind of formal meeting every time. If
> it is appropriate for me to join in, please let me know.

You're very welcome to attend and participate! Meetings are free and all
are welcome. They're on the second Monday of each month.

We try to have a talk/presentation each month at our usual venue, after
which we move to the pub for more discussion and a drink.

> Before the departure, I have a few question about the IPTV offered in
> university accommodation. Obviously there is no Linux client from
> Freewire which could run on my Fedora box. A bit googleing return the
> following page which suggests that the VLC could be used as an
> alternative client for the programmes. Has someone tried these methods
> in Leeds?
>
> http://wiki.bath.ac.uk/display/bucstech/Freewire+TV+and+Radio+using
> +VLC

No idea about this, I'm afraid. Perhaps somebody else on the list can
help though.

Cheers,

James