[Wylug-discuss] Wireless Printer Recommendations?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 2 16:00:03 UTC 2010

On Friday 02 April 2010 13:59:26 Tim Medcalf wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> My first post to the group so apologies if this has been covered before...
>
> I'm looking for a wireless printer, good for photos and general/business
> printing. Photocopying and scanning would be great too. Duplex would be a
> plus too.
>
> Can anyone recommend one? I'm thinking HP is the way to go, but willing to
> be corrected!
>
> If it helps, I'm currently running ubuntu lucid beta 1 but also have a
> couple of karmic machines.

I use a HP PhotoSmart 7180 with duplexer.  By now it's probably superseded,
but one of the same family should suit.  It's connected by usb, ethernet or
wireless - mine is networked via wifi.  It's printer, copier, scanner, fax,
and has bluetooth and memory card plus usb sockets.  I'm extremely happy with
it.  The hplip package gives access to all its functions.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group