[Wylug-discuss] Vacancy: Unix Sys-Admin, Webfusion, Leeds

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Tue Aug 10 10:18:01 UTC 2010

Hi all. Sorry I didn't make the social meeting last night -- hope those
who went had a good time.

At Webfusion we've got a vacancy for a Unix/Linux systems administrator
at our Leeds office:
http://www.corporate.webfusion.co.uk/unix-systems-administrator/

We're located just off Gelderd Road, near Leeds Climbing Wall. There's
good road connections with the southern part of the ring road and the
motorways, and on-site parking. We're also on the 219/229 bus route, and
Leeds railway station is walkable in 30 mins.

The site has two large datacentres, with thousands of servers running
our many internal and external systems and customers' websites, so
there's a fair bit of variety in what you deal with. Our 123-reg brand
may be familiar to you.

Webfusion is relaxed about things like dress code, and is the kind of
place where showing initiative, coming up with suggestions of how we
should do things, and taking control are all encouraged. I've worked in
the Perl team here for over 6 years.

(The above is my personal take on this vacancy, and does not constitute
any official Webfusion position.)

Cheers

Smylers