[Wylug-discuss] Bletchley Park

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 20:11:18 UTC 2010

Many of you will be aware of Bletchley Park - also known as Station X - the centre of UK code breaking during World War II and the birthplace of modern computing.  Since then the site has suffered from neglect, but the Bletchley Park Trust wish to transform it into a world class education and heritage site.

Today there have been some great announcements - the Government is giving the site £250,000 for urgent repairs.

Additionally they will be getting £1.5 million from the National Lottery, but only if they raise the same amount in matched funding.

So Jason Gorman has made an eloquent proposal - http://parlezuml.com/blog/?postid=877 - that on 16 September 2010 we donate our earnings for that day in recognition of what the Bletchley Park pioneers have done for the country and for those of us that work in or have an interest in computing.

I've followed this up with a Pledge - see http://www.pledgebank.com/work4bletchley

I would like to invite as many people as possible to force me to put my money where my mouth is - sign up for the pledge and help Save Bletchley Park.

	Nigel.