[Wylug-discuss] Anything Happening in FLOSS Presentation Software?

John R Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Fri Sep 24 20:25:29 UTC 2010

On Friday 24 September 2010 00:15:51 Dave Fisher wrote:
> On 23 September 2010 20:50, John R Hudson <j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com>
wrote:
> > Can you add the underlines as objects in Inkscape? Alternatively,
> > Inkscape offers bold or italic. I have had occasional problems where
> > Inkscape did not export all the objects to an eps. I never found out the
> > cause but when I redid part of the image, it suddenly started working
> > fine.
>
> Bold or italic aren't much use when your drawing is trying to simulate
> HTML content with embedded hypertext links.
>
> N.B. I'm simulating HTML rather than taking screen shots of real HTML,
> because I don't want all the scaling, anti-aliasing and hinting crap
> that you get with bitmaps.

Another thought: both beamer and KOMA-Script have a paragraph class for
programming code to which you can apply bold/italic/underline and colours.

Not sure how much effort it would take but you would get high quality examples
in the PDF using this paragraph style: you could also take screenshots of the
PDF if you wanted to create images of the HTML code.

John