[Wylug-discuss] Tweaking resolv.conf with NetworkManager

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Wed Aug 3 16:16:09 UTC 2011

I just wrote:

> there. I wish to provide some 'search' domains in resolv.conf (for use
> when trying to resolve a bare hostname).

Solved it. For the benefit of anybody else interested (or searching the
archives in the future), the file I wanted is: /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf
and the magic line to insert is:

  prepend domain-search "klonk.example.net", "zok.example.org";

Then restart networking with:

  $ sudo /etc/init.d/NetworkManager restart

I'm still vaguely intrigued as to why the tail file wasn't working ... but
much less so now that I've found a method that works.

Cheers

Smylers
--
http://twitter.com/Smylers2