[Wylug-discuss] Cheap HPZ400 workstations

phil phil at dialsolutions.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 10:46:35 UTC 2011

A friend of mine has put me on to a source of a large quantity of very cheap
servers which may be of interest to some WYLUG members.

The description I have is that the machines are brand new boxed unopenend
HPZ400 machines with 2.4G Xeon processors, typically 4GB RAM and 24" 1920x1200
flat screen monitors which are redundant after a cancelled government order
with a large engineering company.

Although the kit is brand new and unused, the manufacturers warranty has just
expired. Price is £245-£300 depending on spec.

The only downside is that the units are for collection from down south (though
I think courier delivery can be organised). The machines have Windows 7 Pro
installed, but we all know how to wipe that :)

I've got no financial interest in these, nor has my friend, but the people
trying to get rid of the machines are making a £25 charity donation for each
one sold. If anyone's interested, please contact me off list.

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll