[Wylug-discuss] LinkedIn

Nigel Metheringham nigel at dotdot.it
Thu Feb 17 17:07:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin <
robertburrelldonkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Lots of LUGs seem to have groups. I can't find one for WYLUG (but my
> LinkedIn foo is weak so that doesn't mean one doesn't exist). If one
> existed then at least I might have a cool logo ion the profile (rather
> than less cool text) and it'd be easier to connect with other people.
>
> opinions? cool? uncool? interested? uninterested? whatever?

Personally I am uninterested.
Actually its stronger than that - I really hate LinkedIn, but thats mainly
because  it seems to combine the worst features of Facebook and AOL
(yay - lets invite all the mailing lists I belong to be LinkedIn contacts)
along with sets of predatory (and probably useless) recruiters.

And I wish they wouldn't keep resending messages - one person (who has
gone down remarkably in my estimation) sent LinkedIn invites to 4 separate
of my email addresses, and I have so far received 2 lots of reminders to
each of those email addresses.  Unfortunately I don't run my own MTAs
any more so just blacklisting the whole domain is no longer an option.

  Nigel.