[Wylug-discuss] Using vi over SSH over VPN over 3G connection.

David Morris david at david-morris.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 15:51:33 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a VPN setup like the following:

remote laptop (Ubuntu) running VPN client.

3G router connected to the Hutchinson 3G network with PPTP pass through enabled.

Internet

Local Draytek Vigor 2820n router acting as VPN server

Local computer

The VPN connection works fine and I can SSH to my remote laptop
computer using the DHCP issued IP from my local LAN.
However when I try and run vi in the terminal window it looks like it
freezes and I'm not able to do anything apart from kill the terminal
window and reconnect. vi works fine if I bring the computer to my
local network and connect locally.
If I run nano in ssh  this works OK.

Any ideas?

Thanks,