[Wylug-discuss] Digital Camera Compatibility

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 09:10:24 UTC 2011

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011, Anne Wilson wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 March 2011 08:55:36 Peter Nix wrote:
>> If all else fails/surprises, don't you just withdraw the memory card and
>> put it in the card reader?
>
> In fact I prefer this method and use it all the time - the advantage being
> that I can quite simply manage the files into the folders I want by the
> quickest and simplest means - using my file manager.  Horses for courses.
> You use whichever method best fits your working needs.

Which is easier entirely depends on your workflow IMO.  Plenty of digital
cameras make a folder per 100 photos or similar, and some strip videos out to
a different directory.  Handly all that with a gui file manager is a pain;
handling it from the command line is manageable; handling it with other tools
that go through a library means you don't have to care a jot how it's stored
on the card.

jh