[Wylug-discuss] Printer recommendations wanted...

A J Cole ajcole at ajcole.org
Thu Mar 31 17:00:45 UTC 2011

>> HP branded cartridges.  I get mine from Choice Stationery who are
>> off-shore cwand thusso get an edge by being vat free!
>
>Choice appear to be in Guernsey. Are they one of those companies which
>ship goods from the UK to Guernsey solely to be able to post it back to
>the UK again (thereby qualifying for the VAT loophole)?

The airfreight is probably via Schipol then I guess road to UK and ferry
to the CIs.  The Post Office then ships it all back at the universal
UK rate.  As I recall they operated from Somerset some years ago.

>I do like the way these outfits handily allow you to show contempt for
>both the environment and paying UK taxes in one handy transaction.

Don't blame them - blame the politicians for the loopholes.

btw they are slightly green - each package included a pre-paid return
for the empty cartridges (to a Kent address).

>Note the highest price purchase you can do this with will be reduced
>from =A318 to =A315 from November:
>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03/23/channel_islands_tax_stays/

Interestingly they split orders to letter-box size but each envelope
sometimes contains in excess of 18 pounds worth.

Andrew