[Wylug-discuss] Proposed Talk --- Desktop Environments

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 14:51:26 UTC 2011

My recent post about the trouble I was having with Ubuntu's Unity
Desktop started off one of the longest threads we've had for quite
some time.

I wonder if anyone would be interested in taking the discussion
forward in a normal monthly WYLUG meeting.

Since everyone has their own requirements, I'm not thinking of a talk
about 'the one true desktop to bind them all'.

But rather, something more like a 'workshop' where several members
provide short accounts of their experiences with alternative desktop
setups, and I lead a question and answer / discussion session around
those contributions.

Anyone interested in attending such a meeting?

Anyone willing to contribute a 5-15 minute talk/demo of their current
favourite desktop?

Dave