[Wylug-discuss] Ubuntu and Unity Desktop ... anyone like it?

Christopher McLean C.J.McLean at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Oct 13 08:08:47 UTC 2011

My hand's up for unity. It takes a little while to get used to, of course, but once you stop yearning for a start menu, it just gets out of your way and lets you work; you hardly need to use a mouse. The windows key is your friend for application launching (searching on names and function) as is a shortcut reminder wallpaper until you get used to the new shortcuts, like:

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/04/ubuntu-unity-keyboard-shortcuts.html

Chris