[Wylug-discuss] LXDE For Me?

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:02:09 UTC 2011

On Thursday 27 Oct 2011 16:32:52 Dave Fisher wrote:
> Since it also looks like the pseudo-usability fascists won't let me
> have the good parts of old DEs like Gnomes 1+2 or KDE3, I'm giving
> LXDE a spin.

I'm not quite sure how to answer your question but I've found LXDE to
be reliable.  I really didn't like earlier versions but the more
recent versions are very stable.  It''s still a bit too spartan for my
tastes.  Bit like XFCE was when it first came along.    I like to use
Cairo dock or AWN at the bottom of the screen to add some more
functionality.  It does burn screen space but if you have a large
screen life is easier.

Nice to get away from the mess that Ubuntu became :)

--
Richard