[Wylug-discuss] Many Wireless Mice/Keyboards in the same room

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Sep 30 12:01:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011, Dave Fisher wrote:

> ... although I notice the lousy reviews on the particular product you
> linked too :-)

Yes, it was meant as an example rather than a recommendation.  There were only
two reviews on amazon for it, and one of them was written by an idiot so I
didn't really pay much attention to it.  The other one gave it 4/5 and I
wonder if he subtracted a star as a result of fears over the thin cable (which
is what all retractable cables are like).

    "Can't get this to work on vista. The brief says it is supported, but no
     driver, the download software won't recognise it plug it into a win7 pc -
     no problem

     No response from the Kensington email support, so useless!  ONLY BUY IF
     YOU'RE ON Windows 7"

Cripes.  There was me thinking this would be a generic USB HID device...  I
think this says more about his Vista machine than the mouse, unles Kensington
are deliberately making their lives hard.

jh