[Wylug-discuss] Formatting MP3 Player

Towle, William William.Towle at echostar.com
Thu Apr 12 14:46:55 UTC 2012

  I second the "tread carefully" comment.

  I have an mp3 player which appears over a USB connection as a 2GB hard disk, and which is just large enough to convince linux's utilites that it should be FAT32.

  What the mp3 player itself wanted was to find a FAT16-formatted partition that spanned the *near-entirety* of the disk - the acceptable definition of "near-entirety" having taken some time with Google to clarify.

W.