[Wylug-discuss] Groklaw

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 1 12:47:03 UTC 2012

Hi

http://www.groklaw.net/index.php

I'm not sure whether I should send this in but it is open source
based. Whether you do or do not take PJ and Groklaw seriously there
are times when it's a good read.  Just now we seem to be warming up to
the Samsung vs Apple vs Microsoft thing.  There's a slight indication
that M$ might be made to make their secret agreement with Samsung
public.  Which is something that quite a few open source people would
like to see.  A quote from the present version of the front page....

" My favorite tweet from yesterday -- Samsung lawyer asks the
potential jury pool if any of them ever heard of Open Source software,
and lots of hands shot up. Hey, dude, this is in Silicon Valley. "

Meanwhile, for those of you who do not know how well Samsung and open
source are doing on the mobile phone desktop have a look here....

http://androidcommunity.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-sales-hit-10-
million-20120722/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304723304577368650277097594.html

--