[Wylug-discuss] Running Windows with VirtualBox

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 14:15:01 UTC 2012

On 3 February 2012 14:05, A J Cole <ajcole at ajcole.org> wrote:
> Being a very long time VMware user I always use VMware (vCenter) Converter
>>nd have done so since NT days.  VMware "images" can be imported into
> VirtualBox.

I was reluctant to suggest VMware, thinking it might be a bit
'off-topic', but since Andrew has already done so, I'll second him.

I've found it significantly better than VB for creating, migrating and
running VM images ... and for integration with the host OS (I use it
with both Ubuntu and OSX hosts).

As far as I know, all the essential VMware tools are now gratis, and
there are vendor-supported FLOSS tools for optimising the guest
operating system (well for Linux guests, anyway).

> I use Ghost (or whatever it is currently called) to retain a restorablw
> setup.

Also seconded.

Dave