[Wylug-discuss] Running Windows with VirtualBox

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Fri Feb 3 14:58:52 UTC 2012

Andrew J Cole writes:

> On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 14:14:55 -0000, Dave Fisher
> <wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I was reluctant to suggest VMware, thinking it might be a bit
> > 'off-topic',

Not really, as I don't know what I'm talking about here and all
suggestions welcome.

It looked to me like VirtualBox is most people's preferred way of having
virtual installs these days, and that VMWare isn't free -- but I could
well be wrong about either of those.

> I wasn't pushing Smylers to use VMware for delivery (see below) just
> mentioning that VMware Converter as a viable route to VirtualBox with
> the licence caveat.

I'm confused! I interpreted your mail as saying that I wouldn't be able
to run the Windows I'll be getting inside a VM anyway, regardless of the
technology used to do it. Did I misunderstand?

Smylers