[Wylug-discuss] Which? magazine

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 02:41:42 UTC 2012

On 23 February 2012 23:07, james riley <jimr1603 at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's keeping me from giving Amazon money for any e-books. They have
> a client for windows, and for Mac OS, but are incompatible with FOSS.
> Even when they're selling it without DRM.

I think the difference is that Amazon don't require you to use their
client in order to buy the ebook, view it, keep it, copy it, or
convert it.

I'm pretty sure that I just downloaded a non-DRM .mobi file using
Firefox on Debian.

And, since I prefer to store canonical copies of my ebooks in epub
format, I just converted it using bog standard FLOSS tools.

Dave