[Wylug-discuss] Digital scrapbook ideas?

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 15:56:18 UTC 2012

On 10 January 2012 15:23, John R Hudson <j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com> wrote:
> Otherwise most things can be found in the drop-down menus (the Labeling
> paragraph style is the same as you get in KOMA-Script) and there are lots of
> short cuts for the common things.
>
> There is a paper at
> http://bradlug.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/LyX_2_the-
> ultimate_document_software.pdf
> (mind the wordwrap)
> which introduces LyX 2 to complete beginners. Section 5 gives a whistle-stop
> introduction to LyX 2.

Thanks ... I just took a look at the KOMA-Script user guide to refresh
my memory of that package ....

WHOAA!!

Talk about 'how not to'  ... it looks like it was typeset for US
letter, but output as an A4 pdf, i.e. there's about about 5 mm between
the last word on a line and the right hand edge of the page.

The type itself is pretty hideous, but I guess that could be a
combination of poor font substitution and the hair-shirt tastes of
german type style

:-D

Dave