[Wylug-discuss] advice on ebook reader or similar...

Andrew Lindley andrew at andrewlindley.co.uk
Sun Jan 29 18:36:28 UTC 2012

On 29/01/12 15:00, Dave Fisher wrote:
> I've seen some documentation on how to root one or two of the cheapo
> android slabs, but I'm wondering if anyone on this list has come
> across instances of people running true Linux distros on them?

Try

http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/tabletpc.html?country=gb&lang=en

Caveats:

This is not the new 101 G9, but equally it is now being discounted and
you can find it at reasonable prices.

The quoted Linux is not a full fat distro, and it looks like there is
quite a bit of digging and reading to roll the right build.  Searches
reveal the distro website is stale compared with the actual state.

Installing the required for GNU/Linux open boot firmware invalidates
your warranty

I have no idea how the device would fare with a libre kernel.

Leny