[Wylug-discuss] Virgin broadband (North East Leeds)

Andrew J Cole ajcole at ajcole.org
Wed Mar 28 14:46:39 UTC 2012

>From: Dureid El-Moghraby <D.El-Moghraby at leeds.ac.uk>
>To: Andrew J Cole <A.J.Cole at ajcole.org>
>CC: "wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk" <wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk>
>Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:59:19 +0100
>
>I am having a very similar problem, in LS 7. I should be receiving 20 Mb ,
>but the connection barely manages 1mb over the last two weeks or so,
>although this is very intermittent. I have not contacted Virgin as yet but
>was planning on doing so this evening. Have not received any information.
>I am guessing that they will give me a similar story to what you mentioned!

Sound similar.

Virgin have longstanding capacity problems in LS6, particularly
affecting the Hyde Park area where Virgin's capacity planning appears
to have taken no account of the demanfs of multiple student occupancy.
Leeds Student has been bashing on about this for a couple of uears.
The Headingley Lib Dems (after the student vote) have become involved
and even formed a wirking-party to lobby Virgin.

Andrew