[Wylug-discuss] [WYLUG-DISCUSS] Stuck with Ubuntu?

Tim Fletcher tim at night-shade.org.uk
Thu Mar 29 08:24:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 18:17 +0100, Mike Goodman wrote:

> Going back to earlier discussions of Ubuntu unhappiness, including
> what I understood to be a mass migration from the distro, have any of
> you found good alternatives with reasonable lifespans between
> upgrades? Or do I have to wait for v6.3? Seems the developers are
> aware of the problem but I have no idea when 6.3, which will contain
> the cure, will be released.

Have you considered Fedora, it's got a different take on a number key
systems components and is very much cutting edge.

CentOS generally lags behind the cutting edge much as LTS does as CentOS
is based off RedHat which is a lower churn enterprise distribution.

--
Tim Fletcher <tim at night-shade.org.uk>