[Wylug-discuss] Social Meeting - 14th May 2012 (Tonight)

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Mon May 14 20:54:48 UTC 2012

On Monday 14 May 2012 14:38:09 Dave Fisher wrote:
> On 14 May 2012 14:15, Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery.com> wrote:
> > With apologies for the very short notice, the July 2011 meeting
> > will be a social meet-up at Mr Foley's.
>
> Perhaps I'll build a tardis around my newly acquired Raspberry Pi?

I'm still working on the 60's development version.  <shakes_head>.
Might have helped if someone had told me it had a live biological life
form in it joined to a valve set and some 70's integrated circuits as
well as some 50th century electronic devices from another solar sytem.
Nightmare scenario ?  Not as bad as the Nimrod refuelling project was.
God.. was that ever a nightmare ;)  MK1, MK2, MK3.. Valve set,
transistors, integrated circuits joined together with some other
devices that looked only fictional.  Wiring diagram ?  There was a fair
bit of spaghetti.  Might have been wire.  The Mars bars stuffed down
the back of the set just added a bit more to the confusion over what
Ohms law and resistance was all about.

Nice to find the Tardis has a womans personality though.  Still
wondering where all of those socks and ties keep going to.  Probably
somewhere in the 26th century by now.   Nothing's quite been the same
since I did all that stuff in the BBC TV centre in London.

--
Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk