[Wylug-discuss] Moving files incrementally

borph at gmx.de borph at gmx.de
Thu Oct 4 20:51:10 UTC 2012

Thanks a lot! That does the trick, and the idea to create the directories
upfront was a good one. I'm so unfamiliar with the command-line magic
(although using Linux since ages) that I'm happy that you helped me out.

The access rights would have been indeed a stopper, but as I knew before I
fixed that.

I agree it's an obscure requirement: usually when you move across FS
boundaries, you assume that you need the space in the destination anyway.
Stacked file systems are an exception to that.

Peter