[Wylug-discuss] Linux Training

John Robert Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Thu Apr 4 12:01:04 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-03 at 11:24 +0100, Stephen Franks wrote:

> I'd like to bring up my open source technical skills; with particular
> interest in connecting Linux to AD, and also OpenLDAP and identity
> management systems. Of course this is ambitious, and it will take more
> then just training courses: but that only means I need to get started
> sooner rather than later.
>

> To try to teach myself, I have run Linux (mostly Ubuntu and Mint) on
> my home computers for years; set up servers (for example I have a
> DreamPlug running Apache as a reverse proxy); built a MythTV home DVR;
> and generally messed about a lot. I find it all quite fun. :)

Given your existing experience, have you looked at anything like Nemeth
et al. Unix and Linux System Administration Handbook Prentice Hall 2011
which covers many aspects of integrating Unix/Linux and MS software? It
was too early to include Samba 4 which brings full AD integration -
there is an article in the current issue of LinuxFormat that covers
this.

John